YMCA After School Program at School Locations
The YMCA Before & After School Enrichment program is available at 26 schools in Hillsborough County. The program is dedicated to nurturing child development with experienced and CPR/First Aid-certified counselors. The Tampa Y BASE staff provides a safe and healthy place for children to learn foundational skills, develop healthy and trusting relationships, and build self-reliance through the Y values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility.
Our schedule is comprised of an open ceremony/attendance, free snack, STEAM projects, arts & crafts, study hall with homework assistance (Monday through Thursday 2:30 - 4:30pm, estimated time 40 minutes), physical fitness, centers, service learning and FUN. Learn more about the Tampa Y after school program including schedules, policies and procedures in the BASE Parent Handbook.
The YMCA BASE program also offers morning child care at select locations before school begins "AM care." The morning care begins at 6:30am, and after school care is available from school dismissal until 6pm.
How to Register for Before & After School at School Site Locations
Safety First: Tell the Y your family is attending the BASE program next year! Please ensure to register each child for the YMCA after school program each school year, even if your family participated last school year.
- Use a desktop computer to access online registration for after school care
- Find your family's school from the neighborhoods below
The schools with an asterisk* also offer morning (AM) child care
- BASE registration is for the school year. In the enrollment process, select "ALL" on the calendar
- Enroll each child attending the program
- You will receive an email confirmation stating registration is complete
2023-2024 Program Cost per Child
- AM Care: $15/week
- PM Care: $70/week
- Annual Enrollment Fee (non-refundable): $30 per child, per school year upon initial registration
Register for 2023 - 2024 Before & After School Care
Frequently Asked Questions about After School Care
The Tampa YMCA offers scholarships to families who may need financial support for safe and reliable child care before and after the school day.
How to apply for an Open Doors scholarship and register for the BASE program:
- Complete the 2023-2024 application and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org along with all required documents.
- The Open Doors approval process is a minimum of 10 business days.
- Register online for the BASE program at the child's elementary school prior to attending the program.
Submitting a BASE Open Doors Financial Assistance application is separate from BASE registration/enrollment for each child. Families must complete both the online registration process and submit a completed Open Doors application for the child(ren) to be considered enrolled at a discounted rate.
The Before & After School Enrichment Open Doors application linked in this section is only applicable the BASE program. For membership and program scholarships, please contact your local YMCA for details and applications.
The HCPS employee discount is only available at BASE School Site Locations.
How to use the Hillsborough County Employee Rate for the YMCA after school program?
- HCPS employees must register for the Before & After School Enrichment program online.
- After completing enrollment, download the 2023-2024 employee rate application and email the completed form to email@example.com.
- A member of the Tampa YMCA YES Center will adjust the initial and future payments based on application qualifications.
- All required information, including online registration and the HCPS employee rate application, must be submitted before a child begins attending the Tampa YMCA BASE program.
The School Readiness certificate applies to BASE program services at School Site Locations for the duration of the certificate. Parents/guardians are responsible for maintaining certification to receive the discounted program rate.
How to Apply School Readiness to the Tampa Y Before and After School Enrichment Program
- Parent/guardian must have the School Readiness certificate that shows the provider name as "YMCA Success Afterschool" and school site name
- Parent/guardian must register online for the the Before & After School care program at their family's elementary school
- Parent/guardian must pay the $30 Annual Enrollment Fee, per child
- Parent/guardian must email their School Readiness Certificate to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Once the child is registered, the parent/guardian will receive an email indicating the weekly payment amount and the date the child(ren) may begin attending the BASE program
Please note: parent/guardian is required to pay the difference between the approved reimbursement rate and the private pay rate.
If enrollment at your school shows "Full" on the registration platform, join the waitlist.
How to Add a Child to the After School Wait List
- Use a desktop/laptop computer to access online registration
- Sign in to access your Tampa YMCA account
- Select "Enroll Now" at the top of the page
- Select child from dropdown and select "Continue"
- Click the “Select All” button for the session(s) you need (before care, after care, or both)
- Click “Add to My Cart” button at the bottom of the page
- This will change the calendar text from “Full” to “Waitlist” – select “Add to my Cart” again
- Answer all required questions for your child(ren)
- Review your cart and agree to all waivers
- Select "Finish" to complete the process
- When a space becomes available, a member of the Before and After School Enrichment team will contact you
Contact the Tampa YMCA Before & After School Enrichment Program
School Site Contact List (phone numbers by location)
Before & After School Enrichment
Tampa Metropolitan Area YMCA
110 E. Oak Ave Tampa, FL 33602
Administration Office Phone: (813) 867-5455
Administration Office Email: email@example.com