Before & After School Enrichment (BASE) Program
Your day doesn’t always end when the kids are done with the school day. That’s why the Y offers afterschool programs that serve thousands of children in Hillsborough County. YMCA Before & After School focuses on nurturing a child’s development by providing a safe and healthy place to learn foundational skills. Kids will develop healthy, trusting relationships and build self-reliance through the Y values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility. The Before & After School program is available for children in grades K-5 (kindergartener must be at least 5 years old). All of our afterschool programs provide a range of activities, including:
- Academic enrichment and homework assistance
- Structured outdoor activities for physical activity
- Hands-on, engaging indoor activities
- Free healthy snacks
- Arts and crafts
- Don't wait, register today! To enroll, select School Site Locations or YMCA Locations to find the program right for your family.
- Please note: in order to provide the safest and best experience for your family, your child may begin attending program two (2) days AFTER the registration date.
- HCPS employees must register for Before/After School programs online. Once you have completed online registration, complete the employee rate application and submit to email@example.com a member of our CBO will adjust the initial and future payments based on your application. Please note: all information required including the employee rate application must be submitted before your child may start.
- If you are using a School Readiness certificate for our program, click here for detailed instructions.
School Site Locations
YMCA Before & After School Enrichment program is offered at 26 elementary schools throughout Hillsborough County.
YMCA Before & After School Enrichment program is offered at: Bob Sierra Youth and Family Center, Northwest Y and Camp Cristina. Drop off and transportation options are now available!
The Tampa YMCA provides After School programming to residents in communities such as MiraBay in Apollo Beach.