Before & After School Program
Your day doesn’t always end when the kids are done with the school day. That’s why the Y offers afterschool programs that serve thousands of children in Hillsborough County. YMCA Before & After School focuses on nurturing a child’s development by providing a safe and healthy place to learn foundational skills. Kids will develop healthy, trusting relationships and build self-reliance through the Y values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility. The Before & After School program is available for children in grades K-5 (kindergartener must be at least 5 years old). All of our afterschool programs provide a range of activities, including:
- Academic enrichment and homework help
- Structured outdoor activities for physical activity
- Hands-on, engaging indoor activities
- Healthy snacks
- Arts and crafts
- To provide the safest and best experience for your family, your child may begin attending Before/After School program FOUR (4) days after registration.
- For optimal online registration experience, please use a desktop device. Mobile device registration is not available at this time.
- HCPS employees must register for Before/After School programs online. Once you have completed online registration, click here for the employee rate application and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org. A member of our CBO will adjust the initial and future payments based on your application.
- If you are using a School Readiness certificate for our program, click here for detailed instructions.
School Site Locations
YMCA Before & After School Enrichment program is offered at 20+ elementary schools throughout Hillsborough County.
YMCA Before & After School Enrichment program is offered at three Tampa YMCA locations.