Before & After School Enrichment (BASE) Program
Your day doesn’t always end when the kids are done with the school day. That’s why the Tampa Y offers the Before & After School Enrichment program that serve thousands of children in Hillsborough County. YMCA Before & After School care focuses on nurturing a child’s development by providing a safe and healthy place to learn foundational skills. Children will develop healthy, trusting relationships and build self-reliance in the program, through the Y values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility.
Who can attend the YMCA after school program?
The Tampa YMCA Before & After School Enrichment program is available for children in kindergarten through fifth grade. (Kindergartener must be at least 5 years old).
Register for Tampa YMCA After School
Select School Site Locations or YMCA Locations to find an after school program location, enrollment details and register online for the 2023-2024 school year!
School Site Locations
YMCA Before & After School Enrichment program is offered at 26 elementary schools throughout Hillsborough County.
YMCA After School program is offered at: Bob Gilbertson Central City Y, Bob Sierra Youth and Family Center, Camp Cristina, Northwest Y and South Tampa Y. Drop-off and transportation options are now available!
What does the YMCA after school program provide?
Each Tampa YMCA after school program provides a range of activities including:
- Academic enrichment and homework assistance
- Structured outdoor activities for physical activity
- Hands-on, engaging indoor activities
- Free healthy snacks
- Arts and crafts
The Before & After School Enrichment program is available at 26 elementary schools in Hillsborough County, and after school care is available at five Tampa YMCA locations.
Special Rates, Scholarships and School Readiness
- The HCPS employee discount is only available at BASE elementary school sites.
- HCPS employees must register for the Before & After School Enrichment program online.
- After enrolling in the program online, download the 2023-2024 employee rate application and email the completed form to email@example.com.
- A member of the Tampa YMCA YES Center will adjust the initial and future payments based on application qualifications.
- All required information, including online registration and the HCPS employee rate application, must be submitted before a child begins attending the Tampa YMCA BASE program.
Open Doors Financial Assistance Program
The Tampa YMCA offers scholarships to families who may need financial support for child care at the Y. Complete the 2023-2024 application and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
School Readiness Program
The School Readiness certificate applies to BASE program services at School Site Locations for the duration of the certificate. Parents/guardians are responsible for maintaining certification to receive the discount.