Tampa YMCA Jobs
Do you want to make a difference in the lives of thousands of children, adults, teens and seniors in the Tampa Bay area? Come work with the Tampa Metropolitan Area YMCA! We’re looking for talented, caring individuals who are committed to excellence in serving our members and our community. If this sounds like you, you’re in the right place.
Learn more about open positions and apply to work at the Tampa YMCA!
- Flexible schedule throughout the year
- Positions available at 15 Tampa YMCA locations
Available opportunities in:
- Customer service & sales
- Aquatics and swimming
- Family programs & youth sports
- Afterschool at family centers
- School break camp counselors
- Wellness and fitness
- Maintenance & operations
AFTERSCHOOL COUNSELOR POSITIONS
- Pay: $15/hr (school sites)
- Set schedule Monday - Friday (12:30-6pm) during 2023-2024 school year
- 26 Hillsborough County elementary schools
- Serve as a role model
- Practice leadership skills
- Employer-paid Red Cross First Aid and CPR certification
- Apply for Sulphur Springs Community School counselor (coming soon)
We're always looking for great leaders for the executive team!
Tampa Y Association Office opportunities include: accounting, human resources, call center operations, business operations, marketing, youth development and fundraising departments. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tampa Y Employee Benefits
- Free individual membership to all 15 Tampa Y locations (valued at $56 per month/$672 per year)
- Discounted family membership for dependents
- 20% off program fees (swim lessons, youth sports, summer camp and more)
- 30% off personal training
- Start at 403 (b) smart savings account through YMCA Benefits on day one of employment (optional)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) through BayCare Behavioral Services (phone and online)
- Professional development opportunities through Y-USA trainings
- Retirement plan eligibility: After completing 1000 hours of service over two, twelve-month periods and at least 21 years of age, part-time and full-time associates are eligible for the Tampa YMCA to contribute 12% of your earnings to a 401(a) account. Once enrolled, the associate is immediately vested.
Full Time Tampa Y Employee Benefits
- 20 days of Paid Time Off, increasing with service
- 7 paid holidays
- Employer-supported health, vision, dental insurance
- Tampa YMCA family membership
- $2,000 employer-provided assistance for qualified dependent care programs (before/after school care and camp)
Our Commitment to Global Diversity, Inclusion and Equity
The Y is made up of people of all ages and from every walk of life working side by side to strengthen communities. Together we work to ensure that everyone, regardless of ability, age, cultural background, ethnicity, faith, gender, gender identity, ideology, income, national origin, race or sexual orientation has the opportunity to reach their full potential with dignity. Our core values are caring, honesty, respect and responsibility—they guide everything we do.
The Tampa YMCA has moved to a new recruiting system. You will need to build your profile and re-upload resumes and cover letters for new applications. If you are currently in an application process in our old system, you do not have to re-apply. Email questions to email@example.com.