Volunteer at the Y
As a cause-driven charity, The Tampa YMCA relies heavily on the support of volunteers to help coach sports teams, plan events, raise funds and handle hundreds of other key responsibilities.
Although you may volunteer your time for many reasons, the Tampa Y understands your primary motivation is to give back in a significant way to your local community. For this reason, we are committed to the long-term training and development of volunteers so they can become meaningfully integrated into YMCA programs and operations. The Y is also a great place for teens to volunteer and earn hours for graduation requirements and scholarship opportunities. All volunteers must complete a volunteer application, background screening and Child Abuse Prevention Training.
Our volunteer opportunities include:
- Coaching a youth or adult sports team
- Staffing a center for member party or community party
- Raising funds for the Annual Campaign
- Serving on a special event planning committee
- Participating in a community outreach project
- Assisting with administrative work at a YMCA office