BUILD A SKILL. SAVE A LIFE
Are you are looking for a great summer job? The Tampa Metropolitan Area YMCA Lifeguard program is the place to start! Through classroom activities, group discussion and hands-on practice, you’ll learn the skills you need to work as a lifeguard.
Our comprehensive YMCA Lifeguard Training course includes accident prevention, lifeguarding techniques, emergency systems, and rescue skills. Our course also includes CPR for the professional Rescuer with AED, Oxygen Administration and First Aid.
A YMCA Lifeguard Manual, Hip Pack, Whistle, and Resuscitation Mask will be provided. Class size is limited so pre-registration is recommended.
• Must be at 16 years of age before the first day of class
• Continuously swim for 350 yards
• Tread water for 2 minutes using legs only
• Feet-first surface dive in 8 – 10 feet and swim under water 15 feet
To receive Lifeguard Certification a participant must:
• Attend and participate in 100% of all class sessions
• Arrive on time for all class sessions
• Complete all eLearning assignments on time
• Score 80% or better on all written tests
• Demonstrate all skills proficiently and pass all scenario tests
• Demonstrate maturity, respect and responsibility regardless of passing written and skill test
Upon successful completion of the course the participant will be certified in:
• YMCA Lifeguarding
• CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer
• First Aid
• Oxygen Administration
If swim test is passed and the Tampa Y hires you, we will pay for the certifications!
COURSE DATES & TIMES
Participants may also go to https://lcdc.yexchange.org to search and register for courses. The yexchange website will require users to create an account to search and/or register for courses.
Click Here for class details including days and times.