Playing Safe at the Y
The safety of our children, members, guests and staff is our top priority and we take this responsibility very seriously. The Tampa Y passed a rigorous evaluation from the American Camp Association and 12 Tampa Y camps are officially ACA-Accredited!
Our camp operations complied with ACA's standards, the highest in the camping industry. From staff training, to child safety and quality camp programming, Tampa Y camps prove to be among the best in the state. ACA-Accreditation is nationally recognized, and Tampa's Y 12 camps are part of only 58 ACA-Accredited day camps in Florida. Learn more about summer camp at the Y.
Safety Standards for Kids' Day Out and Summer Camp
We will communicate any changes to camp safety guidelines.
Last summer, the Y collaborated with the American Camp Association to create educational resources for camps, parents, and campers as well as state and local health departments. Click here to review the ACA camp operations guide we're currently following in Kids’ Day Out which include the following protocols:
- Campers are encouraged to wear face coverings while indoors and not participating in youth sports or other activities.
- Lower ratio camp groups spread throughout the whole facility.
- Individual and spaced out activities to practice safe social distancing where possible when inside. Limited sharing of supplies.
- Ample access to hand washing and hand sanitizer stations, especially at check-in, before meals and after restroom use.
- Y staff intentionally teach and encourage good hand hygiene, respiratory etiquette and follow a strict sick child/staff policy.
- Disinfecting of supplies and activity areas will occur throughout the day.