As a cause-driven charity, The Tampa YMCA relies heavily on the support of volunteers to help coach sports teams, plan events, raise funds and handle hundreds of other key responsibilities. In 2012, more than 8,500 volunteers donated valuable time that would have been worth nearly a quarter million dollars if they were paid employees.
Although you may volunteer your time for many reasons, the Tampa YMCA understands your primary motivation is to give back in a significant way to your local community. For this reason, we are committed to the long-term training and development of volunteers so they can become meaningfully integrated into YMCA programs and operations. The YMCA is also a great place for teens to volunteer and earn hours for graduation requirements and scholarship opportunities. All volunteers must complete a volunteer application, background screening and Child Abuse Prevention Training.
Volunteer opportunities include:
- Coaching a youth or adult sports team
- Staffing a branch member or community party
- Raising funds for the Annual Community Support Campaign
- Serving on a special event planning committee
- Participating in a community outreach project
- Assisting with administrative work at a YMCA office
- And so much more…