THE SPURLINO FAMILY YMCA AT BIG BEND ROAD
The wait is over. The Spurlino Family YMCA at Big Bend Road in Riverview is now open! The first new Tampa Metro Area Y in 18 years is happy to serve the Riverview, Gibsonton and Apollo Beach community. Learn more about what your new Y offers, our LEED Gold certification then visit for a tour of the facility and check out the pools. We can’t wait to meet you.
9650 Old Big Bend Rd, Gibsonton, FL 33534
Phone: (813) 228-9622
M-F: 5am – 10pm
SAT & SUN: 7am – 6pm
- Jeremy Hester, Executive Director email@example.com
- Ashlee Claiborne, Sr. Membership Director firstname.lastname@example.org
- Josh Sandoval, Sr. Wellness Director email@example.com
- Megan Frisina, Sr. Program Director firstname.lastname@example.org
- Matt Grenagle, Aquatics Director email@example.com
- Shawn Meek, Program Director firstname.lastname@example.org
- Connie Huber, Chair
- Sara Collard, Vice Chair
- Matt Ahrens
- Adam Bantner
- Jason Brown
- Mark Colvenbach
- Cheryl Deleon
- Brandon Hayes
- Erika Klinker-Lindsey
- Dr. Robert Lutz
- Gabriel Mbulo
- Dr. Kimberly Smoak
- Michele Wirth
The programs and youth sports offered at Spurlino Family Y currently include basketball and soccer. We also offer summer camp, holiday camp and day camp for when the kids are out of school. When the facility opens, we will offer teen leadership programs, swim lessons/team and we’ll watch the kids in Stay & Play while you work out.
The Spurlino Family Y has a second floor Wellness Floor equipped with brand new weight machines, various cardio equipment, free weights and a great view of the pool deck. The Y has everything you need for healthy living.
Active Older Adults
The Y offers a safe and welcoming environment for seniors to exercise and socialize. We offer gentle exercise classes at ideal times and host fun gatherings on a monthly basis. Enhance Fitness is a program proven to help seniors work on fitness and arthritis management.
Do you want to work at the Y and be an integral part of the community? Visit the careers page to apply for available opportunities.
The YMCA is a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. The Tampa Metro Area Y provides programs like LiveStrong, a cancer survivor program, and swim lessons to the community through donations and grants. To donate to the Spurlino Family YMCA, please click here.
Volunteering is an excellent way to get involved in your community. From sports coaches to Welcome Center representatives, every volunteer helps the Y run smoothly. To volunteer at the Spurlino Family Y, please click here.
The Spurlino Family YMCA at Big Bend Road $16.4 million project was possible thanks to the partnership of the Hillsborough Board of County Commissioners and a joint-use lease agreement with the Tampa YMCA. As part of the Y’s focus on social responsibility, the Spurlino Family Y was built in an environmentally-friendly, responsible and efficient manner. Facility and 33 acre campus amenity highlights:
- LEED Gold certified building
- Lap Swim Pool connects to Family Pool with water slide
- Therapy Pool
- New wellness equipment
- Two-story Stay & Play for kids ages 6 and under
- Cycling Studio
- Mind and Body studio
- Group Exercise studio
- Airnasium (outdoor basketball)
- Outdoor fields (soccer and events)
- Outdoor 1 mile walking track
When you join the Spurlino Y, you get immediate access to 13 locations across Hillsborough County and East Pasco.
It’s great to be a Y member:
- Free Stay & Play learning-based childcare while you work out
- Up to 50% off youth sports, swim lessons and camp
- Group Exercise and cycling
- Brand new wellness equipment
- Click here for more!
The Spurlino Family Y has an ideal campus for enjoying the beautiful Florida weather in your community!
We have an outstanding family pool with zero-depth entry, fun play features and a water slide. Our pavilion is perfect for picnics with friends and family. The Spurlino Family Y also has family activities and features like:
M-F: 5am – 10pm
Sat & Sun: 7am – 6pm
M-F: 5am – 9pm
Sat & Sun: 7am – 5:30pm
M-F: 10am – 9pm
Sat & Sun: 10am – 5:30pm
M-F: 4pm – 7pm
Sat & Sun: 10am – 5:30pm
Warm Water Pool
M – F: 9am – 7pm
Sat & Sun: 9am – 5:30pm
Stay & Play
Mon – Thurs: 8am – 1pm; 4pm – 8pm
Friday: 8am – 1pm; 4pm – 7pm
Saturday: 8am – 1pm
Sunday: 10am – 2pm
Monday: 5am – 5pm
Tuesday: 5am – 8:30pm
Wednesday: 5am – 8:30pm
Thursday: 5am – 5pm
Friday: 5am – 8:30pm
Saturday: 2pm – 5:30pm
Sunday: 7am – 5:30pm
Facility Holiday Hours
New Year’s Day: 11am – 3pm
Memorial Day: 7am – 6pm
July 4th: 7am – 6pm
Labor Day: 7am – 6pm
Thanksgiving: 7am – 1pm
Christmas Eve: 7am – 1pm
Christmas Day: Closed
New Year’s Eve: 7am – 1pm
Group exercise is a fun, low-pressure environment that makes it easy to work out and meet others from your community. We offer a variety of classes from industry-leader Les Mills workouts and favorites like Zumba, cycling, bootcamp and yoga. No skill level is required to participate–our instructors provide modifications to suit many needs and abilities. Participants ages 13 years and older are welcome to join classes.
We keep our members updated with the latest Group Exercise schedule information on the Tampa Metro YCMA app, available for free in the App Store and Google Play.
Check out group exercise schedules for all 13 Tampa Y locations including the Spurlino Family Y schedule.
The Spurlino Family Y received LEED® Gold certification by:
– Designing the building to be over 20-percent more efficient than a comparable building.
– Utilizing plumbing fixtures that use over 35-percent less water than a comparable building, saving an estimated 280,000 gallons per year.
– Using locally-sourced building material to reduce greenhouse gas emissions caused by transportation.
– Installing a solar photovoltaic (PV) system to help offset 15-percent of the facility’s power needs.
– Using light-colored materials for the roof, pool deck pavers and sidewalk to help reflect the sun’s heat and reduce the heat island effect.
– Recycling over 90-percent of waste created during construction.
– Maximizing the views of the outdoors to increase the connection to nature, promoting occupant health.
– Installing low-emitting materials to promote healthy indoor air quality.
The LEED rating system, developed by the U.S. Green Building Council, is the foremost program for buildings, homes and communities that are designed, constructed, maintained and operated for improved environmental and human health performance. The Spurlino Y received LEED Gold certification for implementing practical and measurable strategies and solutions aimed at achieving high performance results in: sustainable site development, water savings, energy efficiency, materials selection and indoor environmental quality.
The latest news on your new Y
The Anticipation of Expansion – Feb. 19, 2019
Spurlino Y Opening Meets Quick Success – Feb. 6, 2019
The YMCA is OPEN – Jan. 16, 2019
Families excited about the new Hillsborough YMCA – Jan. 10, 2019
Fox 13’s Jen Epstein live at Spurlino Family YMCA – Jan. 10, 2019
After 18 years, Tampa Bay gets a new YMCA – Jan. 10, 2019
Tampa YMCA opens newest family facility in Riverview – Jan. 8, 2019
10News’ Sean Streicher live at Spurlino Family YMCA – Jan. 7, 2019