Summer Camp Information Station
The Tampa Y is having a safe, fun summer with campers and we want you to join us. Check out 2021 summer camp information and register for summer camp today!
DID YOU KNOW? The Tampa Y offers transportation to YMCA Camp Cristina from New Tampa Family Y and South Tampa Family Y! Sign up for a summer camp at YMCA Camp Cristina and choose either "South Tampa Bus" or "New Tampa Bus" AM Add On when you register!
Because our community is strongest when we all participate together, financial assistance is available for Summer Camp. When you apply for Open Doors, rates are set by a sliding fee scale, based on income. Assistance is made possible by generous donations to the Y's Annual Giving Campaign. Please contact the location your family will attend camp for an application.
Tampa YMCA Summer Camp takes traditional day camp to a whole new level! With Activity Central, campers will have the opportunity to explore a variety of activities as they rotate through different “experience stations” with Activity Central. Some examples of activities campers may experience include: swimming, STEM, arts & crafts, outdoor education, games, team building and more. Activities are led by experts and seasoned team members who love working with children.
Add additional experiences to your camper’s days before and after traditional camp times of 9am-4pm. Examples of add-ons are: swim lessons, free swim, sports mix, ropes course, horseback riding, gymnastics, field trips and more. Add-ons vary by location and price, and are available only at the designated times. During registration, the add-on options available for the chosen location will appear.
Rates & Payment
What is the price per week in each camp?
Check out our registration page for detailed pricing on summer camps and specialty camps. Prices vary by location.
Are there any registration discounts?
- We offer an exclusive discounted rate to our members on all summer camp and specialty camp options. Check out summer camp prices for members and non-members by YMCA location.
- We have scholarships available for those who qualify. Please contact the location you would like to attend for an application.
What do you have to pay when you register for camp?
- Members have exclusive early access to summer camp registration and the enrollment fee is waived through May 14. Starting May 15, 2021, there will be an annual enrollment fee of $10 per camper.
- For non-members, starting April 1, the enrollment fee is $10. Beginning May 15, 2021, the enrollment fee is $35 per camper.
- Upon signing up for camp, a $10 deposit is due at the time of registration for per camper, for each week. This reserves your spot in each camp week, and the remaining balance will be taken automatically 2 weeks prior to the Monday camp starts. The auto-draft/scheduled payment is mandatory. We cannot accept payment for summer camp in any location.
- If a parent cancels at least 14 days prior to the start of the camp week, enrollment fee and deposit are non-refundable, but any additional payments may be refunded.
Where do I make my payments?
All payments must be set to auto-draft. All payments will occur on Monday, two weeks before the registered camp week begins.
What is the payment auto-draft schedule?
- Week Auto-draft Date
- 1 Mon, May 17*
- 2 Mon, May 24
- 3 Mon, May 31
- 4 Mon, June 7
- 5 Mon, June 14
- 6 Mon, June 21
- 7 Mon, June 28
- 8 Mon, July 5
- 9 Mon, July 12
- 10 Mon, July 19
- *This week all BASE participants will be charged for both afterschool AND summer camp if they are registered.
What about campers with special needs?
- Two Tampa Y locations (North Brandon Family YMCA and the Bob Sierra Youth and Family Center) have camps for those with special needs. Parents/Guardians MUST contact the camp director at the location of camp to sign up. Registration for this camp type is NOT available online.
- If you have questions about your child’s needs at any Tampa Y location, contact the camp director to discuss/inform of any special needs.
Can my child switch camps in the middle of the week?
No, we do not allow any campers to switch camp types or locations after that week of camp has already begun.
What age does my child have to be to attend camp?
- All Tampa Y locations offer camp for those 6 or older. Campers must have completed Kindergarten to attend YMCA camps.
How are children grouped together at camp?
Age groups are based on the type of camp. For most camps, children will be separated by grades 1 & 2, and then grades 3-6, grades 7 & 8.
What are your camp ratios?
Low ratios. Learn more about safety at summer camp.
What camps are offered this year?
Summer camp specialties vary by location. Every camp location offers a variety of activities, some specialties, and a lot of fun!
Swimming at Camp
Will my child be swimming at camp?
- Campers will have will have the opportunity to swim/have pool time every day of camp (weather permitting), regardless of the type of camp they are registered.
What if my child does not know how to swim?
- All children will complete a swim test. The swim test consists of jumping into the deep end of the pool, resurfacing, treading for 1 minute, and then swimming to the shallow end (25yds)
- If a child does not pass, he or she will be given a life jacket to wear while in the pool.
What to Bring
What should my child bring with them each day?
- All items must be labeled with the camper’s first and last name
- Water bottle, closed-toed shoes, spray sunscreen, bug spray, backpack, swim suit, towel, lunch, snacks
Are electronics, toys, or phones allowed?
- NO. Please do not bring any electronics, toys, handheld video games, Legos, Pokemon cards, etc.
- The Y is NOT responsible for any lost or stolen property.
When will my child eat breakfast/lunch/snack?
- Campers will eat breakfast between 7:30am - 9am
- Campers will eat lunch between 11:30pm -1pm, depending on the type of camp
- We will offer a snack time around 3:30pm - we do NOT provide snack
Will children be provided with the snack?
No. Campers should pack their own snack.
What is for lunch?
- We are a partner in Hillsborough County’s “Summer Break Spot.” They provide free breakfast and lunch to anyone in the community 18 & under. Our campers are welcome to receive a free breakfast and lunch each day weeks 1-9 of camp!
- Menus will be available on our website as we get closer to the start of camp. The menus will be posted on our website each week.
- The menu/schedule repeats every two weeks.
- Week 10 (August 2-6), families will need to provide lunch (and breakfast before arriving at camp) for their campers.
Are there vegetarian or Gluten-free options?
- No, there are no special options available through Summer Break Spot.
- There are NO pork products.
- If a child has any food allergies, etc., please contact the camp director via email.
Pick-up & Drop-off Policy
If a parent needs to add an additional person to pick up their child, can they do so over the phone with a director?
NO, we do not allow phone call approvals. Our staff must have the parent’s signature - in person, fax, or a note sent with the child are the only acceptable ways to add another approved person for pick-up.
Where is drop-off & pick-up for day camp and specialty camps?
Drop-off and pick-up areas for camp vary by location, and will have staggered curb-side check-in. During camp, each location will have signs to direct parents/guardians in the right direction.
What will my child do each day/week?
Campers will participate in arts and crafts, STEM activities, sports, group games, and team building every week.