Preschool Dance Lessons for Those in Tampa, Brandon, Carrollwood, New Tampa & Surrounding Cities
At the Tampa Metropolitan YMCA, we have amazing preschool dance lessons throughout the year. These classes help even the youngest of dancers develop a love for the arts that can last a lifetime. Kids will develop their balance and coordination, learn to move in harmony with music and build their self-esteem. Most importantly, kids who participate will have a blast! We also have youth cheerleading programs and other dance lessons available for kids 5 and older.
Kids will be able to choose between beginner and intermediate programs where they will be able to practice various types of dance including ballroom, tap and hip-hop. Children who are already participating in dance classes or experienced in the art of dance can join one of our more advanced programs like our competition dance team or youth cheerleading program. Both will challenge their skills and strengthen their conditioning as performers. This invitation is extended to our friends in the Westchase, Fishhawk, Tampa Palms, Bloomingdale and surrounding areas.
- Our Level 1 class is for children who have never taken any preschool dance lessons independently.
- Our Level 2 class is a continuation of the learning process used in Level 1 classes with an additional emphasis on following directions and the format of a more structured dance environment.
- In both Levels, props are incorporated to teach coordination, rhythm, counting, identifying colors, numbers and basic comprehension concepts.
- All learning is met with positive reinforcement and a focus on having fun.
- Students may wear shorts/sweatpants and t-shirts. However, dance attire is encouraged (leotard and tights).
- Dance shoes are optional, or students may dance with bare feet (no socks please).
- Registration is open online and in-house.
Contact us today if you live in Tampa, Brandon, Carrollwood, New Tampa or any of the surrounding Tampa cities for preschool dance lessons and youth cheerleading. We look forward to meeting and teaching the next generation of artists and athletes!