Learn to Swim for Residents of Tampa, Brandon, Westchase, Carrollwood, New Tampa & Neighboring Cities
When you live in Florida, you know that everyone needs to learn to swim. We pride ourselves on being the fitness gym that meets all of your needs, and that is why the Tampa Metropolitan YMCA makes it easy for people of every age to learn the basics of swimming or refine and improve their skills in one of our many classes. Our classes ensure that everyone who wants to learn to swim and be safe in and around the water can learn in a comfortable environment.
Swimming programs include:
- Infant Swim teaches toddlers to hold their breath underwater, to float and other foundations of swimming to start safe water practices early in life.
- Parent/Child lessons, for ages six months to three years old, help acclimate children to the water and focus primarily on safety in and around water.
- Preschool (ages 3-5), Youth (ages 6-12) and Teen & Adult (ages 13 and up) lessons are also available for various skill levels – from complete beginner to advanced swimmer.
- Private lessons are offered to anyone three years of age or older.
- Safety Around Water is our free four-day water safety course for children ages three to twelve.
We also have swim team programs. Our Developmental Team is for children ages four to fourteen, while our Competitive Team is for ages five to seventeen. We also have a Masters Team, for ages eighteen and older.
In addition, your local YMCA fitness gym has lifeguard certification courses available to anyone looking for a great summer job or more extensive water-safety training.
Are you looking for a local fitness gym where you and your family can all learn to swim and be safe around water? Contact us today for the times and dates of the swim classes offered at your local branch. We are proud to serve residents from across Tampa, Brandon, Westchase, Carrollwood, New Tampa and neighboring cities. Come to the YMCA for your swim lessons. We make it our number 1 priority to ensure everyone stays safe, while having fun learning to swim.