Who we are
The work groups created were:
- Food and Nutrition
- Goal: Increasing healthy food options in the community
- Community Outreach
- Goal: Increasing opportunities for resident engagement
- Safety, Access and Community Pride
- Goal: Improving neighborhood health & safety
- Healthy Living
- Goal: Promoting community health education & ensuring a medical home for children and families
- Child Care, Youth and Families
- Goal: Increasing healthy eating and active living for children and families
Building on the groundwork established during the first years, we are working toward accomplishing our goal through developing programs and advocating for policy changes to Create a Healthier Sulphur Springs for Kids.
To volunteer or for further information, please contact: Saima Qadree, YMCA Community Initiatives, (813) 924-7563.
Stories of Change Luncheon
Thank you for your support of Sulphur Springs YMCA and our 2017 Stories of Change Luncheon!
Florida Blue and Sweet Tomatoes were our partners in this event celebrating over 8 years serving the Sulphur Springs community. This year’s luncheon highlighted partners, projects and stories from students and community members. We were thrilled to honor Sheff Crowder’s contributions to the Sulphur Springs K-8 Community School, the Y and the entire community with the 2017 Sulphur Springs YMCA Changemaker award.
Your involvement makes a difference in the lives of the children we serve. Thank you for your support of those efforts. For more information on how to get involved, please contact Lisa Mitchell at Lisa.Mitchell@tampaymca.org