Aerobics Classes for Those in Bloomingdale, Riverview, Wesley Chapel & Beyond
The aerobics instructors at Tampa Metropolitan Area YMCA branches can attest to the fact that, after a few months of aerobics classes, most participants are in better shape, more energetic and have developed friendships with classmates. The same can often be said by the instructors of any of our classes and programs. Our youth and teen programs include after-school and summer programs, volleyball, cheerleading, flag football, swimming and other sports, leadership programs, fitness training and more. In addition, our adult programs include weight loss and diabetes prevention programs, community service, group exercise classes, adult swimming lessons and more.
According to the President’s Council on Fitness, Sports & Nutrition, “More than 80% of adults do not meet the guidelines for both aerobic and muscle-strengthening activities and more than 80% of adolescents do not do enough aerobic physical activity to meet the guidelines for youth. Aerobics classes at your local YMCA designed to stimulate your lungs and heart and encourage overall wellness and fitness include the following and more:
- Body Pump weight training offers moderate to high intensity resistance training with weights
- RPM Spinning indoor group cycling classes consist of a ride increasing in speed and intensity
- CXWORX core workouts build core strength and tightens and tones the body’s mid-section
- Zumba aerobic dance workouts use exercise moves and steps choreographed to music
- BODYCOMBAT are high-energy aerobics classes using boxing and martial arts movements
- Aqua Fitness classes use water resistance exercises to tone muscles while improving flexibility and cardiovascular strength.
The adult swimming classes at Tampa Metropolitan Area YMCA locations are perfect for people in Bloomingdale, Riverview, Wesley Chapel and beyond who want to exercise regularly in their home, condominium or apartment pools. Our adult swimming lessons include classes from beginner level to advanced level. Instructors are always happy to recommend effective, low-impact exercises that are appropriate for every swimming level. Contact a friendly and courteous YMCA staff member for class schedules and more information on the swimming and aerobics classes available at your local YMCA branch.