Sweetbay Healthy Kids Day - A HUGE SUCCESS
This past weekend, folks from throughout Tampa Bay attended this year's Sweetbay Healthy Kids Day events at local Tampa Ys. Parents and kids participated in fun, exciting and spirited programs that focused on healthy living while spending time together as a family. Additionally, Y summer programs were on display for parents looking for a safe, nurturing environment for their children this summer.
A special thank you goes to Sweetbay for making this year's event an outstanding celebration!
Remember to make a “play date” with your children. The Tampa Y offers a variety of family friendly activities, including swim classes, youth sports programs and even healthy cooking classes. But if you can’t make it to the Y for your play date, we recommend five other activities families can do at home together:
1. Schedule a game night: Play games with the kids that incorporate physical activity, such as charades.
2. Dance, dance: Turn on your favorite party music and dance! Make this activity more fun with a dance contest.
3. Go Riding: Find a new bike path or park for a fun afternoon outdoors; grab your helmets and go rollerblading or bike riding.
4. Channel Your Inner Youth: Remember playing hopscotch, jump rope, Simon Says or freeze tag as a kid? Teach your children your favorite childhood games and play them together.
5. Play Outside: Visit your neighborhood park or camp out in your backyard for some outdoor fun. Get everyone moving with fun sports like soccer, basketball or baseball.